As live event streaming explodes in popularity, latency—whether time to first frame or end-to-end—is the elephant in the room. Live event streams are competing not only with broadcast and cable, but also with social media, and viewers’ tolerance for long latency times is dwindling. At this session at the Live Streaming Summit, part of Streaming Media West show taking place on Nov. 2/3, you’ll learn about the various ways to reduce latency at all points in your live streaming workflow, from acquisition to delivery to video player.
- Moderator: Jason Thibeault, Executive Director – Streaming Video Alliance
- Panelist: Rob Dillon, Digital Operations Manager – Tribune Media
- Panelist: Lee Erickson, Lead Streaming Engineer – NASA/SAIC
- Panelist: Charley Thomas, Senior Engineer – Limelight Networks
- Panelist: Rob Post, VP of Engineering – Hulu
You can sign up online for a discounted conference pass by using the code DR100 and I even have a few free passes to give away. Re-tweet out “I want a pass for the Streaming Media West conference in CA on Nov. 2/3 – #smwest ” and I’ll pick some free winners every day!